Library and information services play key role in supporting independent learning. Set up in 1973, the Institute’s library is committed to meet the information needs of students, faculty and research staff as quickly and efficiently as possible. Library is completely air-conditioned to provide comfortable environment to the students.
Our mission is to excel in supporting the academic and scholarly endeavor of our users, in their core instructional and research requirements through utilizing the best possible resources, systems and services.
we have a print collection of more than 20,000 volumes. About 20 serial publications and12 newspapers are on our subscription list. Where as, campus wide access to more than 22,000 e-journals and 45,000 e-books, is available through the HEC’s National Digital LibraryProgram.
· General Collection
· Reference Collection
· Journal/Magazine Collection
· Course Reserve
· Projects/ Reports
This is the main collection comprising high quality of selected books. The Library currently contains a useful collection of over 20,000 volumes on a variety of subjects such as Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Statistics, computer Sciences, Sociology and other related fields. Library also provides access to online full text books. Library is fully automated and using the latest technology available in the filed. This collection is organized according to Dewey's Decimal Classification Scheme and is shelved subjects wise according to call numbers (100-999) pasted on the spine of each item
A significant number of current reference sources are available on reference shelves, including, dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks. The reference books can only be consulted within the library.
The library has been subscribing to more than 20 national and international journals and magazines in print. Another valuable hallmark is 100 volumes of the Harvard Business Review. The current issues of the periodicals are displayed on special shelves in the main reading area. Back volumes of these periodicals are shelved separately
Library subscribes 12 Daily Newspapers, 7 in English Language and 5 in Urdu Language. The Library shall maintain newspapers and periodical of the preceding calendar year and the old ones may be disposed off by the library staff in a suitable manner with the approval of the Director
This is a unique feature of IBA Library; more than 60 Projects/Reports of different companies have been collected and organized in this collection.
Incharge Library Acquisition & Technical Services
Incharge Library Circulation & Automation
Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc. at Security Desk. All books issued to them shall be shown to the counter at the entrance before leaving.
Keep your mobiles silent / switched off within the library premises
Use of Laptop is prohibited
Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff
Library can be used for Reading only, not for useless talking
Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library
Sleeping, smoking and audible conversation within the library premises shall be prohibited
Library will be closed for 15 days in summer vacations for annual stocktaking.
Annual stock taking report will be submitted to competent authority for right off and dispose of the book(s) and other material.
For any misconduct, misbehavior or violation of above rules a fine for Rs. 100/- to 500/- or disciplinary action could be taken against the students.
The Library shall maintain newspapers and periodical of the preceding calendar year and the old ones may be disposed off by the library staff in a suitable manner with the approval of the Director
1. All registered users are entitled to borrow materials from the library
2. Student will be responsible for all the books issued on his/her Card
3. Books will be issued for 7 days only
4. Maximum 3 books will be issued at a time
5. For books kept overdue, a fine of Rs. 5 per volumes per day
6. Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be responsible for the damage
7. Loan may be renewed for 14 days if another user has not reserved the desired book(s). Overdue book(s)will not be renewed
8. Books can be reserved at Circulation Desk
9. Borrowers will be responsible for any damage, mutilation or theft of the book
10. If the book return date is on weekend/off day then return it one day earlier.
11. In case a book is urgently required, the librarian may recall it at a short notice any time and such a book shall be returned immediately by borrowers
12. In case of loss of the card the student should inform immediately to the Library Circulation Counter
All week days (except Fridays) 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m
Friday 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m
Friday break 01:00 p.m to 05: 00 p.m